Here are some of the pages I've devoted to violence, particularly youth-oriented violence:
America's cultural mindset
The evidence against media violence
Why white boys keep shooting
Teenage violence...solved! (more or less)
Winning through nonviolence
Why exactly is violence a core subject for an enterprise devoted to Indian comics? It stems from the fact that the Western/European/American mindset is selfish, greedy, acquisitive, aggressive, warlike, and domineering. This cultural worldview has a myriad of consequences:
- Nations range far from their borders to conquer other lands.
- The Church declares itself sovereign over every body and soul. Mountains, rivers, and forests are plundered for their wealth.
- America glorifies a Wild West mentality: the individual as solitary gunslinger and society as a hostile frontier.
- The popular media--including comics--promote a Darwinian goal of being a victor or a victim.
- Frustrated youths (almost always young men) who can't get their piece of the American pie get even by committing murder--or suicide.