2. Security and Prosperity Partnership: Militarized NAFTA
3. InfraGard: The FBI Deputizes Business
4. ILEA: Is the US Restarting Dirty Wars in Latin America?
5. Seizing War Protesters’ Assets
6. The Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act
7. Guest Workers Inc.: Fraud and Human Trafficking
8. Executive Orders Can Be Changed Secretly
9. Iraq and Afghanistan Vets Testify
10. APA Complicit in CIA Torture
11. El Salvador’s Water Privatization and the Global War on Terror
12. Bush Profiteers Collect Billions From No Child Left Behind
13. Tracking Billions of Dollars Lost in Iraq
14. Mainstreaming Nuclear Waste
15. Worldwide Slavery
16. Annual Survey on Trade Union Rights
17. UN’s Empty Declaration of Indigenous Rights
18. Cruelty and Death in Juvenile Detention Centers
19. Indigenous Herders and Small Farmers Fight Livestock Extinction
20. Marijuana Arrests Set New Record
21. NATO Considers “First Strike” Nuclear Option
22. CARE Rejects US Food Aid
23. FDA Complicit in Pushing Pharmaceutical Drugs
24. Japan Questions 9/11 and the Global War on Terror
25. Bush’s Real Problem with Eliot Spitzer
For more on the subject, see Most Censored Native Stories?
Most of those stories are old news. In past years, I would check the "Project Censored" headlines and find the stores archives on CNN and other major sites. So much for the term "censored" applying to these.
I knew you'd say something like that. ;-)
I'm not sure any of these stories is new. But I don't think the MSM has covered them much. As we said before, what the far left calls "censored" is what you and I might call "underreported."
The "right" could probably make a similar list. The radio guys are always harping about things reported on Newsmax/etc that are ignored on the "MSM".
I don't get bent out of shape about it either way. If it is out there, it is out there. I rarely watch Fox or CNN, and their web sites are so badly designed that I stay away from them too.
Project Censored's #1 story on Iraqi deaths excludes a lot of "inconvenient" (but important) research. In fact, the following asks if Project Censored are resorting to censorship themselves on this issue:
Project Censored is actually not capable of censorship. Anything it reports, or does not report, is an expression of its free speech.
Post a Comment