1. Democrats support and respect tribal sovereignty
2. Democrats stand for the protection of families and communities
3. Democrats stand for working families who pay their fair share, not just those few born into wealth
4. Democrats support full funding of programs that are critical to Native Americans--crucial health care and education programs
5. Democrats have historically fought for and continue to fight for the same things that Indian Tribes believe in: providing for our children, our elderly, our veterans and those less fortunate
6. Democrats believe in the protection of the environment and preservation of our natural resources. The Democratic Party respects tribes as the original stewards of the environment
7. Democrats support federal assistance for public safety programs in tribal communities
8. Democrats understand the federal government has a fiduciary trust responsibility to tribes that must be managed openly, honestly and responsibly and support a resolution of the trust fund case affecting thousands of Native citizens
9. The Democratic Party focuses on policies that promote the economic development strides that strengthen tribal governments in Indian Country
10. Like Tribes the Democratic Party knows the value of community--Democrats are about "We" not "Me."
For more on this last point, see Most Indians Are Democrats.